What is Aloe Vera Gel?
Aloe Vera gel is one of the most used herbal treatments for minor skin conditions. It is widely used because of the natural ingredients it contains that are successful in treating skin ailments. Aloe Vera gel can be used on the face to treat sunburn, small cuts or small abrasions. You may wonder that using aloe Vera can be safe or not? The answer is usually yes, if used correctly and properly, it can help to treat your skin. The gel like substance in the leaves of the aloe Vera plant are directly used or mixed with some other ingredients for more benefits.
Benefits of using Aloe Vera Gel for Face.
1. Cures Burns
In order to cure burns, apply aloe Vera gel on the affected area, two to three times a day to see effective results.
2. Relief from Sunburn
Aloe Vera gel only soothes the sunburn area. It is not an effective method to prevent sunburn, so make sure you wear sun protection gear every-time you go out.
3. Relief from Rashes
If you’ve fallen from anywhere or you’ve scratched yourself and as a result you got rashes, then you must apply aloe Vera gel to get relief. The gel will comfort you and prevent burning sensations. Apply this two or three times a day for effective results.
4. Cures Cuts
If you are considering to apply Neosporin on the affected area, try applying aloe Vera gel instead. It’s natural ingredients will help to fill the cuts quickly and helps to fight bacteria too. Then, Apply this for two or three times a day for effective results.
5. Helps to treat Dry/Oily Skin
Aloe Vera gel can help in treating dry or oily skin. So, You’ve to just change your regular moisturizer with a moisturizer that contains aloe Vera in it. And Apply it after having a bath to see effective results.
6. Cures Frostbite
Frostbite refers to the freezing of the skin, as a result the skin gets swollen. It is a serious condition that can be cured with a medical treatment, but applying aloe Vera gel can also cure it. Consult your doctor before using it.
7. Cures Cold Sores
Cold sores develop on the outside of the mouth, this can be cured by applying aloe Vera gel on the affected area. Then, apply it two or three times a day to see effective results.
8. Cures Eczema
Eczema occurs when patches of the skin become dry, itchy or red. In order to cure Eczema, apply the gel two or three times a day on the affected area to see effective results.
9. Cures Psoriasis
Psoriasis refers to when the cells of the skin multiply 10x faster and this causes a red patch with white scales on the skin. In order to cure it, apply the gel two or three times a day on the affected area to see effective results.
10. Relief from Inflammatory Acne
In order to get a relief from acne, apply the gel two or three times a day on the affected area to see effective results.
How to Use Aloe Vera Gel for Face?
|FOR DRY SKIN||FOR OILY SKIN||FOR NORMAL SKIN|
|What you need?|
One tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel
One sliced Cucumber
One tablespoon of Honey
|What you need?|
Fresh Aloe Vera gel
10 to 12 drops of tea tree oil
|What you need?|
Two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel
Few drops of Rose Water
|Make a mixture and apply it on your face and then leave it for 20 minutes. Now wash your face.||Mixture and apply it on your face and then leave it for 20 minutes. Now wash your face.||Same as the others make a mixture and apply it on your face and then leave it for 20 minutes. Now wash your face.|
Side Effects of Aloe Vera Gel for Face:
- Firstly, Aloe Vera gel comes from underneath a plant’s skin which contains latex. Some people are allergic to latex which can cause irritation and stomach cramps.
- Most of the people can be allergic to aloe Vera gel itself, which can cause redness in the eye, rashes, irritation and burning sensations.
- And Drinking aloe Vera juice can drop your blood sugar levels. If you are a patient of diabetes, then consult your doctor before consuming it.
- It can cause dehydration due to the laxative properties of aloe Vera. If it is consumed more than what is required then it can cause dehydration.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should avoid drinking aloe Vera juices as it can cause irritation.
- It can also lower the levels of potassium in your body that can cause irregular heartbeat and fatigue.
- The bio-active ingredients in aloe Vera may interfere with liver’s detox process, further causing health problems.
- Due to its’ laxative effects, aloe Vera can cause irritation in the stomach, so do not consume aloe Vera juice if you already have stomach problems.
While there are some benefits of aloe Vera gel, there are some side effects too. If you are applying aloe Vera gel or drinking aloe Vera juice, then take proper pre-cautions and then consume it. You can also do a patch test before applying aloe Vera directly on your skin. Please consider your doctor (if required) before you use or drink aloe Vera.